In order to convert your dual point injection DX to multi-point
injection you will need 4 injector plugs, an injector resistor box,
wire, a wire stripper/cutter, heatshrink and/or electrical tape, and some
patience. Also, when doing this conversion I would highly recommend
soldering all connections and heatshrinking them. If you do not have
access to heatshrink neatly wrapped electrical tape will do just fine. It
is also extremely helpful to have an extra multi-point injection engine
harness laying around to take plugs from (i.e. injector plugs, injector
resistor box plug, and distributor plug). Listed below is a
straightforward and easy to follow set of instructions to help you
complete your DX to ZC swap:
DX to ZC
Inside car @ ECU
· Pins B10 and B12 are empty. Unused pins can be taken from B2 or B11. Some models have a wire located at B12.
· Cut orange and white wires off at C1 and C2 and connect them to wires added at B10 and B12. Orange-B10. White-B12. Leave enough wire for next step.
· Run wires from C1 and C2 (direct ECU connection) into the engine compartment. Label these wires for later use.
· Cut wires at A3 and A7 leaving plenty of wire. Run these wires into the engine compartment and label them for later use.
· Transfer DX wiring harness over to ZC engine.
· TPS and EACV plugs are too short and must be extended.
· Be sure to switch green/white and yellow/white wires on TPS
Injectors and injector resistor box
· Connect the yellow/black wires from the two DX injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box.
· Connect the yellow wire from the DX injector to the #1 injector (brown wire).
· Connect the red wire from the DX injector and run it to the #3 injector (blue wire).
· Connect the A3 wire to the #2 injector (red wire).
· Connect the A7 wire to the #4 injector (yellow wire).
· Connect the 4 red/black wires from injector resistor box to each injector.
Cylinder position sensor
· Connect C1 to blue/green wire on cylinder position sensor plug.
· Connect C2 to blue/yellow wire on cylinder position sensor plug.
Thats it. Double check everything and start it up. Good luck!
This article replaces the previous DX to ZC article, however, you can still view it here.
(C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 HYBRID
Comments? Suggestions? Feedback?
Send e-mail to: HYBRID editors